Cape Cod & Islands
Pelham House Resort Expansion & Pelham Farms Roadside Stand, West Dennis & Harwich
- Pelham House Resort expands on Cape Cod in 2022 with two new sister properties, Pelham on Main in West Dennis and Pelham on Earle in West Harwich.
- Pelham Farms, a 7½-acre regenerative farm located in the heart of West Dennis on Cape Cod, opened its roadside farm stand in late 2021. The Farm provides fresh produce to the Pelham House Resort and sells to individuals and/or through the farm stand.
Recent Cape Cod & Islands hotel openings also include:
- Parker Beach Lodge (48 Rooms) | South Yarmouth A reimagined vision for a Cape Cod hideaway, Parker Beach Lodge opened in August of 2021 and incorporates timeless details with a bright, modern energy designed to help guests soak up all the serenity of a beachside vacation.
- Chapter House (21 Rooms) | Yarmouth The 21-room Chapter House, a historic boutique inn on Cape Cod that opened in June of 2021, is Baxter Hospitality’s second renovation project in New England.
- Faraway Nantucket | Nantucket Cultural District Part Parisian salon, part Nantucket sea captain’s home, this boutique property opened in Summer 2021 and combines eclectic design references offering a new aesthetic for the island. Also features indoor-outdoor restaurant and lounge, Sister Ship.
- Edgartown Inn (12 Rooms) | Edgartown Edgartown Inn is an historic Martha’s Vineyard getaway that features a relaxed modern farmhouse style in a classic coastal Captain’s home. It opened in 2021 in the heart of Edgartown Village, near restaurants, boutiques, Chappaquiddick Ferry, and the beach.
Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters, Sandwich
- Snowy Owl Coffee Roasters is one of the Cape’s most popular coffee roasters and a new Café opened in April 2022 in Sandwich. The newest cafe, located at 161 Rt 6A in Sandwich, Massachusetts, is the headquarters for Snowy Owl’s coffee roasting operation and is home to its bakery.
Cape Cod Cape Verdean Museum and Cultural Center, Falmouth
- In late 2021, Cape Cod Cape Verdean Museum and Cultural Center opened as the Upper Cape’s first Museum and Cultural Center celebrating the past, present and future of Cape Verdean’s rich history and contributions to Cape Cod.
African American Heritage Trail of Martha’s Vineyard
- The African American Heritage Trail of Martha’s Vineyard added two new sites to the trail. The “Nameless Trail”, site #32 of the AAHTMV was dedicated in mid-2021 at the MV Charter School. It is the only monument on the Vineyard dedicated to enslaved people and created by children. “Esther’s Story”, new site #33 on the African American Heritage Trail of Martha’s Vineyard at Memorial Wharf, Edgartown Harbor, was also recently dedicated.
The Knack, Hyannis
- Opened in 2022, The Knack aims to perfect the Cape Cod roadside stand. By partnering with local fishermen, butchers and Cape farms, they serve fresh seafood (with a batter recipe developed by the owners’ grandparents over 60 years ago), burgers, seasonal vegetables and make everything in-house.
Atlantic White Shark Conservancy to Open Second New Shark Center
- The new Provincetown location comes with a boat slip, and the Conservancy plans to run ecotours in a newly purchased 25-foot vessel. Exhibits at the new shark center are expected to open Summer 2022.
- The new universally-accessible, net-zero energy Discovery Center includes meeting rooms equipped with 80-inch video screens for presentations, spaces for up to 80 people, supports hands-on school programs like science labs, and floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of Night Heron Pond and Barnstable Harbor. Explore tidal flats and join for a kayak tour, boat cruise, or family nature program.
Expedition Blue Waypoints Trail, Cape Cod & Islands
- A brand-new interactive exhibit trail in the Cape Cod region, Expedition Blue Waypoints is a unique blend of interpretive structures integrated with a mobile-ready web experience spanning the whole of Cape Cod, as well as Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard. Designed for all ages, with particular emphasis on educating young people about the special relationship with the region’s waters, from working waterfronts to aquaculture, commercial fishing, marine technology, science, transportation, recreation.
Home2 Suites by Hilton Boston Franklin (100 Rooms)
- The all-suite, extended stay hotel is located 15 minutes from Gillette Stadium and features an indoor saline pool, a 24-hour fitness center, pet-friendly rooms, an in-suite kitchen, and daily free breakfast.
Worcester’s Tercentennial – 300th Anniversary
- The municipality, named after Worcester, England, was first established as a town in on June 14, 1722, and later became a city on leap day, February 29, 1848. Worcester, Massachusetts celebrates its Tercentennial Anniversary, with year-long observances and signature celebrations.
Samuel Slater Experience
- Webster Museums Incorporated was founded to foster public knowledge about the history of the American Industrial Revolution in New England. The organization’s first project is the creation of the Samuel Slater Museum in Webster, a historical museum which focuses on textile manufacturing and the life and work of Samuel Slater (1768 – 1835), called by some the “Father of the American Industrial Revolution.” Renovations and collection gathering occurred in 2021.
- Game On is a “hub” for sports programming, player development, training, and community recreation. Game On offers multiple athletic and recreational activities. Facilities include 7 turf fields, 10 indoor courts, 3 batting cages and 10 axe throwing lanes.
Moran Square Diner, Fitchburg
- The Moran Square Diner is Car # 765 built in 1939 by The Worcester Lunch Car Company. Owner Brittany Willoughby and Chef Adam Willoughby bring accessible and delicious food to Fitchburg, MA.
Raffles Boston – 1st in North America (147 Rooms)
- Raffles Boston Back Bay Hotel & Residences scheduled to open in 2022, will be the first mixed-use property in North America and promises to be a welcoming oasis of refined elegance comprised of a distinctive hotel as well as exquisitely appointed residences, located in the heart of Boston.
Hotels by Hilton
- Canopy Hotel by Hilton (212 Rooms), Haymarket: Steps from Faneuil Hall Marketplace and the Boston Public Market. It will be home to Gordon Ramsay’s upcoming restaurant.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton (411 Rooms), Seaport: These dual brand properties are surrounded by rich maritime history in the Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park, a short walk from the Flynn Cruiseport Boston and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston-Brookline (174 Rooms): The Hilton Garden Inn features a restaurant and lounge area, conference space, fitness center, swimming pool, business center and pavilion.
- Hilton Garden Inn Boston-Canton (138 Rooms): Located on the campus of Mutual Life Insurance/Dunkin’ Brands, minutes walking/hiking trails of the Blue Hills Reservation.
Recent hotel openings also include:
- The Cambria Somerville-Cambridge (164 Rooms) Located a half a mile from Harvard University and two miles from Tufts University and MIT, The Cambria features a pool, fitness center, and restaurant.
- Omni Boston Hotel – Seaport (1,054 Rooms) The AAA Four Diamond Rated hotel boasts 1,054 guestrooms. Amenities include 7 distinct dining experiences, a scenic rooftop pool and chic Breve Spa.
- The Langham Boston (312 Rooms) The Langham Boston returns with redesigned guest rooms, meeting and event spaces, including the addition of spacious bathrooms.
- The Newbury Boston Hotel (211 Rooms) Located between the Public Garden and Boston’s shopping street, amenities include the hotel’s Street Bar, a salon that serves food/drink along with a menu of books curated by the Boston Public Library, a glass-enclosed four-season restaurant, and views.
Beyond King Tut – World Premiere, Opens on July 8th, 2022 at SoWa Power Station in Boston
- Beyond King Tut is a visual celebration of the 100-year anniversary of the discovery of the tomb of King Tut, which is one of the most significant discoveries of the history of humanity.
the TRACK at new balance
- The TRACK at new balance is a new multi-purpose athletic facility designed to accommodate sports and athletes of all ages and levels to experience a world class facility.
Bow Market, Somerville
- Vybe Fest – Hosted by Adorn Me Africa & Bow Market | July 22&23rd Vybe Fest kicks off with an evening under the stars with a Fulani-style dining experience. Weekend events include: workout session with Afrobeat Fit, shopping with a collection of local vendors from the African diaspora. Local Poets, musical artists, and DJs will also help set the Vybe with their unique expressions of sound and artistry throughout the day and into the evening.
- Oysterfest | July 10thJoin Bow Market for a celebration of oysters! To include raw bars and oyster shucking, but also classes, art, cocktails, and more. Enjoy a “Bubbles and Oyster” class at Rebel Rebel, learn how cooking with crabs can protect local oyster populations at Nibble Kitchen, and enjoy an oyster Prix Fixe at Tanam, dive into seafood themed crafts with Tiny Turns Paperie, and more.
The Embrace Unveiling (2022)
- Boston Common, America’s first public park, has a vibrant 400-year-old history and a tradition of civic gatherings. The King Boston memorial, The Embrace, will be anchored here, where in 1965 Dr. King called Boston to live by its highest ideals. The Embrace will provide a living space for conversation, education and reflection on the racial and economic justice ideals of Martin Luther King, Jr. and Coretta Scott King, and serve as a permanent monument to the Kings’ time in Boston, the city where they met and fell in love, and which helped shape their approach to a just and equitable society.
Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum
- The Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum will commemorate the 250th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party in 2023.
Discover Quincy: Trails, Ferry and Self-Guided Tours
- Historic Landmarks on the Presidents Trail in Quincy, MA – An urban walking trail through Quincy’s rich history. (New Map attached)
- Marina Bay Ferry: Offering Daily Boston – Winthrop Ferry Service to Quincy
- Experience Squantum Point Park & Marina Bay, Boardwalk & Nature Trails
- Amazing Water Views of the Boston Skyline
- Variety of Indoor & Outdoor Restaurants, Pizza Shop, Ice Cream & Market
- Boutique Shopping, Yoga Studio, Salon, and New Brewery
- NEW Free Self-Guided Audio Tours of Hancock Adams Common “The Heart of Quincy Tour”
- Quincy 400: In 2025, Quincy will celebrate the 400th anniversary of its settlement.
North of Boston
- The Beverly’s premium-serviced apartments are ideal for business and leisure travelers looking for short or extended stays. Located a few steps from the North Beverly Train Station and surrounded by shopping and dining, it has easy access to the beaches of the North Shore and local colleges.
- Gloucester 400+TM is a year-long celebration of city-wide educational programs, activities, and events commemorating Gloucester’s founding in 1623.Throughout the year 2023, programs, activities, and events will highlight Gloucester’s rich history, culture and heritage which will showcase Gloucester’s diverse community, its extraordinary contributions to art and culture, remarkable industrial achievements, and wealth of natural resources that surround the City of Gloucester, Massachusetts.
Amesbury Carriage Museum, Walking Tours & Upcoming Events, Amesbury
- Set in Amesbury’s historic Upper Millyard, the Amesbury Carriage Museum opens the Industrial History Center, honoring the city’s industrial history.
- Take the self-guided Millyard Walking Tour, or join a guided tour of the Upper Millyard, typically on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Also, check out their upcoming events. Highlights include “Thursdays in the Millyard”, from June 9 – August 25.
The Addison Gallery of American Art
- The Addison Gallery’s collection of American art is one of the most comprehensive in the world, including nearly 22,000 objects spanning the 18th century to the present. The Addison, which is free and open to the public, is located just 30 minutes north of Boston. Exhibitions for 2022 have been announced.
The Water Park of New England
- Open year round and conveniently located in Danvers, MA, Water Park of New England provides everything you need for an adventure filled day. Featuring giant hot tubs, a swim-through passage, and more, adults will have just as much fun as the kids.
Lowell Summer Music Series
- The Lowell Summer Music Series is presented by the Lowell Festival Foundation at Boarding House Park in Lowell National Historical Park. The 2022 Season is its 32nd year of presenting national recording artists in a beautiful outdoor setting near an historic textile mill and boardinghouse in historic Downtown Lowell.
South of Boston
South Shore Irish Heritage Trail, Driving Trail from Weymouth to Plymouth
- The South Shore Irish Heritage Trail, newly created in 2022, celebrates Irish and Irish American contributions to life on the South Shore of Massachusetts. The trail extends through nine towns: Weymouth, Hingham, Hull, Cohasset, Scituate, Marshfield, Duxbury, Kingston, and Plymouth.
65th Anniversary of Mayflower II & 75th Anniversary of Plimoth Patuxet Museums
- America’s living history museum celebrates its 75th anniversary in 2022 with a yearlong celebration.
Shelly’s Tea Rooms, Plymouth
- Shelly’s, the award-winning English Tea Rooms, opened in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Serving traditional English afternoon tea, over 100 loose leaf teas available as hot or iced and a great selection of unique tea and British themed gifts.
Life House Berkshires, Lenox | Summer 2022
- A reimagined 1970s lodge, Life House Berkshires will open as a writer’s idyllic mountain retreat with a cocktail bar & library lounge inspired by the seasonal landscape of the Berkshires.
Marriott Springfield (265 rooms)
- Marriott Springfield opened in January 2022 with fully renovated rooms, common area, banquet space.
The Springs Motel, New Ashford
- Newly renovated, watch the renovation of the Springs Motel on Inn the Works on the Magnolia Network. New outdoor bar, updated rooms and cabins.
Hotel Downstreet, North Adams (90 rooms)
- North Adams’ largest hotel, the Holiday Inn has been sold and rebranded as Hotel Downstreet. This property is managed by Main Street Hospitality Group, which operates the Porches and Red Lion Inn, in partnership with the Peregrine Group.
John Williams – The Tanglewood 90th Birthday Celebration, Lenox/Stockbridge | August 20, 2022
- Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, celebrates the 90th birthday of one of its most beloved figures, John Williams, in a special program featuring a selection of his incomparable concert music composed for the BSO and Boston Pops, along with beloved film themes.
Green River Festival, Greenfield | June 2022
- Green River Festival, at the Franklin County Fairgrounds, celebrates its 35th year in June 24-26, 2022.
The Drake, Amherst
- The Drake, which opened in April 2022, is a one-of-a-kind, world class performing arts venue in the heart of downtown Amherst, MA.