Event Name: Drawing Flower Patterns: Beginning Techniques
Event Date(s): Saturday, 6/5/2021, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 1 hour, 30 minutes
Saturday, 6/12/2021, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 1 hour, 30 minutes
Saturday, 6/19/2021, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 1 hour, 30 minutes
Saturday, 6/26/2021, 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM, 1 hour, 30 minutes
Instructor: Carol Schwartz
This program consists of four sessions. When registering, please make sure all four sessions are selected.
This four week workshop will focus on learning about pleasing ways to compose a picture, recognizing patterns in plant growth that will make it easier to draw a flower, and sharpening your observational drawing skills. Learn about line, shape, value and texture. What to expect: Everyone will meet in the morning for a lesson. After the morning session you will work on an assignment provided by the instructor. Each person will then schedule a 15 min afternoon consultation time with Carol to get personal instruction on the assignment. Materials are not provided for the workshop.
Carol graduated from the Kansas City Art Institute, attending her senior year at Rhode Island School of Design. She earned her MFA in Illustration from the University of Hartford, Connecticut in 2014. Her education equipped her to be diverse and adaptable, with work appearing in 60 picture books and countless magazines, newspapers and advertisements.
$150 Member Adult; $175 Adult
Additional Program Information
1. This program will be held virtually. Once you register you will receive a zoom link in the confirmation.
2. This workshop will only be available LIVE.
Materials (Supply your own - not included with registration)
1. Mixed media paper pad, 9" x 12", such as Canson XL or Strathmore or Canson Mi-Tentes Drawing Paper Pad assorted colors
2. Colored pencils, assorted colors, brands such as Prismacolor, Caran d'Ache, Derwent, Faber-Castell Polychromos
3. No. 2 pencil and an eraser
4. Ebony pencil