Salem shipwright Eleazer Gedney built the earliest portion of the Gedney House in 1665. Originally, the house was an asymmetrical composition consisting of two rooms on the first floor, a single chamber above, and an attic with a front-facing gable. Significant renovations to the structure in 1712 and 1800 resulted in dramatic changes to the house's appearance.

The Gedney House Museum is one of thirty-six properties owned and operated by Historic New England.

Visit Our Site

Gedney House Museum

978-744-0440

Gedney House Museum, 21 High Street, Salem, MA 01970

Related Inspiration

MASSACHUSETTS MASTERPIECE TRAIL

A statewide collection of 24 diverse works of art, from oil paintings to taxidermy frogs…

Want to see more?

Search All Listings