Housed in the historic Emerson School building, in the heart of the Concord Center Cultural District, The Umbrella enriches lives and builds a vibrant community through the arts. We inspire creativity, learning, and personal growth through arts education programs, performing and visual arts presentations, and community collaborations.
• Studio space for more than 50 artists
• Exhibition space in three Gallery spaces
• Community arts initiatives, outdoors installations, and regional festivals, including the Arts & Environment program
• Classes and workshops for children and adults in four large teaching studios
• Creative arts summer camps and vacation week programs for youth
• Support for innovative learning and making in three newly constructed Makerspace labs -- Workshop, Fabrication, and Digital
• Performance space for all disciplines in two theaters -- a newly constructed 344-seat main stage theater and 100-seat black box theater, as well as a new dance studio classroom
• Space rentals for private events
• Newly renovated Ceramics facilities, firing services, and instruction for students and independent artists
Photo credit: Pierre Chiha
December 7, 2020-January 31, 2021 Hours: 10AM-5PM (by appointment) The Umbrella Arts Center, 40 Stow Street, Concord MA Natural Form: Three Journeys in...
Mon, Dec 7, 2020 - Sun, Jan 31, 2021
If winter is getting you down, why not lift your spirits by making some gifts for the birds in your...
Sun, Jan 24, 2021
People are becoming more aware of the birds in their own backyards during quarantine, and many more people are becoming...
Sat, Jan 30, 2021
Learn about how gaseous particles combine with the Earth and sun's atmosphere to create impressive auroral colors, scattered clouds of...
Sun, Feb 7, 2021
Animals respond and adapt to the winter by burmiating, aestivation, hibernation, migration, and embracing the snow! Learn about all the...
Sun, Feb 21, 2021