Spanning Easthampton and Northampton, Arcadia's diverse terrain (forest, meadows, grasslands, marsh, and wetlands) attracts an extraordinary variety of wildlife. You will also find a thriving population of wildflowers, thanks to its rich, loamy soil, which is characteristic of the Connecticut River floodplain.
• Rope-guided universally accessible Sensory Trail, with interpretation available in seasonal audio tours, large print, Braille, and tactile formats.
• Canoeing or kayaking on the Mill River through Arcadia or along the Connecticut River, where you're likely to see a variety of wildlife.
• Observation tower and wetland boardwalk, which offer wildlife viewing opportunities in sensitive habitats.
• Nature play area, where kids can build fairy homes, sit in a tepee made of black locust and grapevine branches, play in the woodland paths or master the stump jump.
• Great Blue Heron and Bald Eagle Rookery with up to 60 nests.